What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
- A Neighbourhood Plan is a community-led framework for guiding the future of development in an area
- Neighbourhood Plans were introduced as part of a governmental drive toward ‘Localism’, handing powers over from government to local areas
- A Neighbourhood Plan is developed by the community. The Parish Council is the owning body, but it’s the community views that count!
- Planning applications in Bentley will be judged against the policies contained in the Plan for 20 years after it has become law
- Once we have a Neighbourhood Plan, Bentley Parish Council will receive a larger cut of funds raised by any new builds in the village – 25% of the ‘Community Infrastructure Levy’ rather than 15%. This money can be spent on infrastructure improvements or community amenities.
Examples of Neighbourhood Plans in Babergh can be found here: https://www.babergh.gov.uk/planning/neighbourhood-planning/neighbourhood-planning-in-babergh/
And general advice here: https://locality.org.uk/services-tools/neighbourhood-planning/